Group W Toolset Release 4.2
Changes Since Previous Release
This document describes changes released in Group W Toolset 4.2, released on
1998-07-07. The previous version was 4.1, released on 1997-12-11.
This document was developed for Netscape Navigator 3.0 and Microsoft Internet
Explorer 4.0, but it should work with most browsers. This document is element
READ-THIS in file #1 of the GWTS release tape. To view it with a web browser,
download it to your PC's hard disk (or to your web server) and point your
browser to it.
Older versions of this document are kept in elements with name of the form
READ-THIS/xDOTy, where 'x' and 'y' represent the whole and fractional parts of
the release level. Example: Element READ-THIS/4DOT0 contains the READ-THIS
document that was distributed in Group W Toolset release 4.0.
Group W Toolset documentation is in HTML format. In file #1 of the release
are three elements that you should download to the same directory your PC or
Many people don't seem to know that you don't need a web server to browse HTML
documents. Your browser can read documents from a PC disk drive. For
example, if you downloaded the above files to the 'C:\' directory, you could
browse them by pointing your browser to 'file:///C:/GWTS.HTM' (newer browsers
allow you to shorten this to 'C:/GWTS.HTM'). GWTS.HTM defines a frameset that
uses the other two documents. If your browser does not support frames, then
point it to 'file:///C:/GWTSDOC.HTM' (and get a new browser!).
- Download GWTS/HTM to GWTS.HTM
- Download GWTSDOC/HTM to GWTSDOC.HTM
- Download GWTSTOC/HTM to GWTSTOC.HTM
Group W Toolset Processors
Correct Errors in Making the 4.1 Tape
Several errors were made in building the previous release tape:
- COMPILE/ALL has two errors corrected:
- Compile for PCTPL added.
- Obsolete compile element (PRTF/ECL-OLD) removed.
Correct Known Bugs
Bugs in one processor have been corrected:
- @AC 1R4D corrects bug whereby it @FREEd the file even if it was already
assigned to the run when the processor was called.
- @MFDPL 2R2B corrects a bug whereby 'C' option pipes only one cycle (the
highest) of a cycle set when the processor is reused.
This section lists feature changes and additions that are in this release.
- Nasdaq-specific code removed from SHOW-ID-LINE SSG copy proc.
- MCBERR/SGS is updated for SB7 releases of Exec and MCB.
- MQFERR/SGS is updated for SB7 release of Exec.
- FAS-FIX/7R1 is new element with 'pipelining' local code for FAS 7R1 (SB7).
- RUNINFO 5.2 uses the proper PCT pointer to access the implicit and default
qualifiers. This code is from Andrew Williams.
- @PCT 4R1B displays uses a four-digit year (format YYYY-MM-DD) when
displaying run start date.
- @SYSID 2R5A changes boot and EXERR message formats to use a four-digit year.
- @TDATE 1R3 adds the 'R' option to interpret a reversed TDATE$ word.
(Reversed TDATE$ words are used in program file TOCs.)
- @TOCOMP 1R3A compares element sizes if SSG 23R3 (or higher) is used. Even if
two elements have the same name, type and timestamp, they are considered
different if their sizes are different. If SSG release is less than 23R3,
then the processor works as before.