Group W Toolset Release 4.4
Changes Since Previous Release
This document describes changes released in Group W Toolset 4.4, released on
2001-07-21. The previous version was 4.3, released on 1999-10-11.
Older versions of this document are kept in elements with name of the form
READ-THIS/xDOTy, where 'x' and 'y' represent the whole and fractional parts of
the release level. Example: Element READ-THIS/4DOT0 contains the READ-THIS
document that was distributed in Group W Toolset release 4.0.
Group W Toolset documentation is in HTML format. In file #1 of the release
are three elements that you should download to the same directory your PC or
Many people don't seem to know that you don't need a web server to browse HTML
documents. Your browser can read documents from a PC disk drive. For
example, if you downloaded the above files to the 'C:\' directory, you could
browse them by pointing your browser to 'file:///C:/GWTS.HTM' (newer browsers
allow you to shorten this to 'C:/GWTS.HTM'). GWTS.HTM defines a frameset that
uses the other two documents. If your browser does not support frames, then
point it to 'file:///C:/GWTSDOC.HTM' (and get a new browser!).
- Download GWTS/HTM to GWTS.HTM
- Download GWTSDOC/HTM to GWTSDOC.HTM
- Download GWTSTOC/HTM to GWTSTOC.HTM
Summary of Changes
Correct Known Bugs
Minor changes and bug corrections:
- COPYG/SKEL2 makes cosmetic change to one statement. No change to release
level of @COPYG (1R1B).
- @DMSERR is changed to provide the correct message text for E$100.
Processor release level remains unchanged (1R2B).
- GET-TS corrects bug where midnight crossing is not corrected due to
typo in *IF.
- MFDDEF is changed to update Exec level to indicate that it is OK for
- @MFDPL 2R2C makes several minor changes:
- Correct bug whereby MAINITEM SGS could overrun the EDIT$ buffer
in production of DADENTRY SGS.
- Change facility reject error handling to go for another message
(rather than terminate normally) when X option is clear.
- Add Y option to take ER ERR$ except on facility rejects.
- Correct bug (never seen) where WORDASC was too small to hold
converted FD chars and so ASGCARD could be corrupted.
- RIBUFDEF corrects two typos and adds thread-id.
This section lists feature changes and additions that are in this release:
- PIPE$PROCS is a new proc which contains common pipeline logic. In future
it will be used by more processors.
- @DISK 1R4 changes display format to right-justify and comma-delimit
large numbers and to show number of units that are offline (i.e., not
UP) on 'S' (summary option).
- @DISKPL 1R1C quadruples size of MSBUFFL to handle more disk drives.
- @MCTPL 1R3 now pipes Multi-Host File Sharing (MHFS) status info. It also
has an expanded System ID Table to accomodate Exec level 46R2A.
- @PCT 4R2 adds thread-id (24 octal digits) to output display and PCT
- @PCTPL 1R2A now pipes run priority and thread-id and corrects bug whereby
a long run could consume enough resources that resulting PCT SGS would
overrun the edit buffer.
- @PIDSTA 1R1B allows five-digit PID numbers.
- @PSWCHG 1R1 is new processor from WJT. It provides a batch/demand ECL
interface to change a demand password using RSI$.
- RUNINFO 5.3 now returns two-word thread-id. @PCT 4R2 uses this.
- @RUNPL 1R2 is new processor from SJM. It uses INSP$RUNS to pipe as
SGSs the list of active runs.
- SDFPRINTUTIL 2.0 adds a feature and corrects a bug:
- New 'M' option will produce 'mixed' output file (i.e., SDF data file
with IBM carriage control character).
- Fix bug whereby multiple consecutive skipped lines were incorrectly
output with single-spacing (rather than triple-spacing) when IBM
print format was chosen.
- @STSTAR 3R1C adds support for fields beyond the ACCOUNT/USERID and
improves some error messages. Given that it's feature code, this
probably should have been called 3R2 (but it wasn't!).
- @SYS 1R2 adds ability to show current boot tape and date of first
boot. Note that it does not get this from the MCT. The
site must supply the value on an optional input SGS. This feature is
similar to feature in @SYSID.